French door refrigerators have been getting more and more popular over the last several years. These fridges look more modern, technologically advanced, and are usually more spacious. However, finding the best French door refrigerator without water dispenser is a very challenging job.
First of all, French doors or not, most refrigerators come with a water or ice dispenser. Secondly, there are so many French door refrigerators available everywhere. So we had to choose the refrigerators very carefully. But if you are running short in time, you can just take a look at our top pick.
We liked the Galanz GLR16FS2K16 3 French Door Refrigerator because it is efficient for fewer people and can easily pass as a top-notch model. It has multiple shelves and drawers for easy organization and does not produce annoying noise. Moreover, it is comparatively low-priced yet high-performing.
However, if you do have the time, go through the detailed reviews for getting a clearer understanding of what each of the refrigerators has to offer.
5 Best French Door Refrigerator Without Water Dispenser : Comparison Table & Reviews
We are not going to make you go through a lot of French door refrigerator reviews to help you get the right one. So our team sorted through many of them and finally decided on five high-performing, classy, and efficient refrigerators. Before we start our reviews, here is a comparison table you can look at.
1. Galanz GLR16FS2K16 3 Door French Refrigerator
The Galanz GLR16FWED08 3 French Door Refrigerator is sleek, wide, and classy. This French door refrigerator has a bottom freezer with removable drawers and glass shelves in the fresh food compartment. And it is one of the noiseless refrigerators you will find.
- Capacity: The Galanz GLR16FWED08 3 French Door Refrigerator has a 16 cubic feet capacity. It has an area of 11 cubic feet of fresh food section and a 5 cubic feet freezer. The refrigerator is enough for a small family.
- Form Feature: This refrigerator is a good option if you love keeping your everyday groceries organized. It has 2 half-crisper drawers, 6 half-door gallon bins, 3 full slide-out glass shelves, and 2 full-wide plastic drawers.
- Humidity Control: The crisper drawers are removable and have a humidity control system. You will be able to keep the fruits and vegetables fresh by providing them with the precise humidity level.
- Frost Free: The freezer will remain frost-free, which is very impressive. Gathered frost reduces storage space and can be difficult to remove.
- Energy Efficiency: This refrigerator has a low global warming potential. The annual energy consumption is 490-kilowatt hours, which is efficient enough.
- Energy-efficient and almost noiseless
- Classy design with shiny white finish
- Compact size does not claim much space
- Easy to organize and has a humidity control system
- The packaging for shipping is not top-notch
2. Haier HRQ16N3BGS Without Water Dispenser
If you want a four-door refrigerator and a little larger than our first pick, you can check out the Haier HRQ16N3BGS 16.0 Cu. Ft. 4 Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator. It has more compartments to keep food in both fridge and freezer sections in a well-organized way.
- Design: This refrigerator has a sleek appearance and is made of stainless steel. The doors have four pocket handles for comfortable use. The interior has blue LED lights to give you eye comfort.
- Capacity: This 16 cubic feet refrigerator has almost equal space in both fridge and freezer sections. The refrigerator has six bins, two tempered glass shelves, two crisper drawers, and six sliding drawers. Unfortunately, the refrigerator is small and not suitable for a large family.
- Energy Efficiency: The Haier HRQ16N3BGS French Door Refrigerator is your energy-saving option. It can save as much as 10% energy consumption, unlike low-quality refrigerators, which consume more power.
- Performance: What we also like about this refrigerator is its user-friendliness and top-notch performance. It has humidity control systems to keep the food fresh.
- Touch Display: You can control the refrigerator’s temperature easily. There is a touch display on the right door. You can even operate Quick Control and Sabbath mode.
- Well-built refrigerator is made of stainless steel
- Has touch display to control functions easily
- Compact design does not take up a lot of space
- Multiple shelves and removable drawers make organizing everything fun
- No egg compartment
- Not suitable for large families
3. KoolMore RS-FR22 22.5 Cu.Ft Refrigerator Without Water Dispenser
Let’s move on to a different design, shall we? The KoolMore RS-FR22 Counter Depth 22.5 Cu. Ft French Door Refrigerator is slightly taller than our previous two models. It might not be very wide, but we chose it to be the best refrigerator without water dispenser because of its performance, versatility, and efficiency.
- Versatility: The KoolMore RS-FR22 French Door Refrigerator will stand out in your kitchen and outshine everything else. It has a versatile look of silver color. The refrigerator has a matte finish, which makes it look aesthetic.
- Interior: The fridge part has glass shelves and large bins to store a lot of grocery and dairy items. You also get two large freezer drawers. The top freezer drawer has an ice maker inside it. So the interior area is designed to help you keep everything arranged just the way you want.
- Temperature Control: You can control the refrigerator’s temperature digitally. And controlling the temperature will help you get fresh food and vegetables for many days.
- Efficiency: It is a frost-free refrigerator and easy to clean. This feature makes maintaining the refrigerator more efficient. Besides, you won’t be hearing any loud buzzing or humming sound as it produces very little sound.
- The refrigerator looks classy with a matte finish and long steel handles
- Multiple doors and drawers keep the refrigerator from losing temperature quickly
- Energy-efficient and noiseless
- Spacious interior
- None found yet
4. SMETA SM-827WMU 36 Inch 22.5 Cu.Ft French Door Refrigerator
Are you tired of all these white and silver refrigerators? We understand if you want something similar, high-performing, but in a darker color. That’s why we chose the SMETA SM-827WMU 22.5 Cu. Ft French Door Refrigerator. It has two French doors, two freezer drawers, and the interior is pretty similar to the KoolMore RS-FR22 French Door Refrigerator.
- Appearance: If you prefer adding dark colors into your life, a black and shiny French door refrigerator is one more aesthetic addition. The refrigerator is made of stainless steel and has a glossy finish.
- Noises: This refrigerator will not make any squeaky or loud sound when opening the doors and drawers or using any compartments. You can say it is entirely noiseless with only a 45db noise level.
- Humidity Control: You can adjust the temperature of the refrigerator’s double crisper drawers. There is a touch screen system that allows you to control the systems very efficiently.
- Auto Ice Maker And Defrost: This refrigerator has an automatic icemaker right inside the freezer. The large tray will supply enough ice for your everyday use. Moreover, the refrigerator has an automatic defrost feature that makes the freezer suitable for storing more food.
- Usage: It is easy to clean the refrigerator. Since it is a frost-free refrigerator, all you need to do is to clean it with a dry towel. And it is large enough for a medium family or multiple people.
- Double crisper drawers store more fresh food and vegetables
- Black color and flat construction add a classy touch to your kitchen
- Humidity and lock control through touch
- Inverter compressor saves energy
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Opening the refrigerator with the grooves under the doors can be a little tricky
5. FORNO Bovino 19 Cu. Ft. 4 Door Refrigerator
Anyone who wants a compact French door refrigerator with enough storage for a few people should check out the FORNO Bovino French Door Refrigerator. It is well-built, suitable for any kitchen, and offers external digital control. That’s why we chose this for our best French door refrigerator without water dispenser.
- Design: We cannot help but talk about the design first every time we discuss a French door refrigerator. This one comes with two doors at the fresh food section and two wide sliding drawers for the freezer. It is made of stainless steel and also has a metal back.
- Alarm: One of the advantages of having this refrigerator is its alarm system. If you have left the door open for longer than you should have, the integrated alarm will remind you to close the door. Thus, it will keep the temperature from getting warmer in case you are being forgetful.
- Digital Control Panel: You will see a touch screen control panel next to the right door handle. It will allow you to set and control fridge temperature and get various information without even opening the door.
- Cooling System: Its dual evaporated cooling system ensures automatic defrosting. You won’t notice any frost even in the freezer.
- Maintenance: All these features come in handy for easy cleaning. You don’t have to spend a lot of time taking care of this refrigerator. The manufacturer advises keeping the refrigerator unplugged for 24 hours every six months. It will increase its life expectancy.
- Versatile design enhances your kitchen interior
- Digital control informs you and lets you control everything
- Alarm system prevents temperature lose
- It is frost-free, and the temperature keeps everything fresh
- Freezer drawers are not very large
- Bins do not fit full gallon containers
How To Choose French Door Refrigerator Without Water Dispenser?
We all know adding a French door refrigerator comes with many advantages. And if you want to purchase one without a water dispenser, it will still be as good as the ones that come with dispensers.
Nevertheless, what is the right way to find the best one? Well, you need to consider the following things to ensure getting the perfect refrigerator.
Appearance And Design
Whether you confess it or not, we all know your main purpose in purchasing a French door refrigerator is its modern and aesthetic look. So think about what design seems more classy to you.
Some French door refrigerators come with a viewing door or door-in-door system to access the bins without opening the entire door. Such refrigerators come with three to four doors, and it is up to you to choose which one you want or need.
Size And Capacity
French door refrigerators are not always massive. In fact, most of them save kitchen space as they have multiple doors and are spacious inside. However, since these refrigerators have doors on both sides, you need to consider leaving extra space around so that you can use it efficiently.
A refrigerator’s capacity is measured by cubic space. And you need to consider how much space you need. A refrigerator with 20-22 cubic feet should be enough for a family of three to four people.
Did you know that every time you open the refrigerator door, the refrigerator needs to work twice as hard to regain the cool air it lost? French door refrigerators are energy efficient in this regard because they have multiple doors. So you can open the essential door, releasing less cool air than regular fridges.
Other than that, how would you know if the refrigerator is as energy-efficient as the company is claiming? The best way to find the answer is to go through buyers’ reviews and compare multiple models.
It is jaw-dropping to see how much technology has advanced in recent years and even brought us smart refrigerators. Many of these French door refrigerators have a Wi-Fi connection, wireless cameras, and smart sensors in them.
You can connect your smartphone to your refrigerator and control the temperature and other features from anywhere. The camera will help you keep your eyes on the food items left in case you need to grab something on your way home. And the sensors can detect and alert you of expired food.
As exciting as these features sound, there are certain drawbacks. Using smart technologies can make you vulnerable because it means you are logging into various unknown systems.
There are incidents where hackers hack into such smart systems to steal personal information. So unless you don’t mind sharing and connecting through such systems, it would be best to avoid such features.
You don’t want to spend a good amount of money only to have a noisy refrigerator. Like any other refrigerators, French door ones also produce some noise. But they are so low that you barely hear them.
You can look into the refrigerator’s description to check its noise level. And it is safer to search for what the customers are saying. But don’t worry because almost all the French door refrigerators are not noisy or produce a little noise.
You will find three-door and four-door refrigerators. Both of them are suitable for users. Nevertheless, you can choose how many doors you want based on your personal preference.
Is the 4-door French door refrigerator better? Not really, but it makes using the refrigerators more efficient. And don’t forget to pay attention to the door handle design. You should purchase a French door refrigerator that looks more comfortable to use.
Budget And Warranty
Just because it is low-priced does not mean it is not the best one. Similarly, a high-priced refrigerator of such type does not guarantee the best performance. So it is essential to look into the features first before you consider your budget.
Your final job is to check the warranty the refrigerator comes with. A company that offers the longest warranty period will save your repair money.
Tips To Care And Maintain A French Door Refrigerator
Refrigerator is one of the most used appliances in our homes. So it is essential to care and maintain it from time to time. Here are a few tips to help you keep your French door refrigerator running for a long time.
- Make sure to clean the coils once or twice a year. You can either use a brush or vacuum the dust from the coil.
- Always keep the fridge and freezer temperature in check. Getting too cold or too warm will damage your food.
- If your refrigerator has an ice maker or water dispenser, it definitely comes with a filter. The filter needs to be changed at some points.
- Always close the door properly. It is one of the many reasons refrigerators start going through issues.
- Storing food by wrapping them in foil paper or plastic wrap will reduce moisture levels inside the fridge.
- Last but not the least, always cool down food before placing it inside your refrigerator.
Refrigerator Troubleshooting: Common Problems And Solutions
Anything electronic goes through certain issues from time to time. Just because you have the best French door refrigerator does not mean it will always remain the same. But you can troubleshoot some minor refrigerator problems. Here are a few such refrigerator issues and how to solve them.
Refrigerator Is Not Cooling
The refrigerator usually takes a good amount of time to cool if the power is off or just installed, or if you have added a large quantity of food. If you have done any of these, wait for a few hours to check if it has started cooling.
If it is still the same, the first thing to do is to look at the settings. These refrigerators have a temperature adjustment system, and you can accidentally turn them off.
You can check the air vents and see if anything is blocking them. Another reason why the temperature is not lowering could be a dusty condenser coil. You need to clean it once every two-three months to keep the temperature system working.
Fresh Food Compartment Is Warm
Do you know the connection between the freezer and the fresh food unit? If not, here is a fun fact you should know about your fridge. The airflow of the fresh food compartment comes from the freezer unit.
So when you find that the fresh food section keeps warming up, it is probably because of a lack of air supply or airflow problem. The system works effectively if the evaporator fan runs, which supplies air. The issue happens when the fan does not work.
However, if you hear the fan running and the fresh food section keeps warming up, you need to check the diffuser for clogging. It can also happen if you are not closing the doors properly. So make sure to be careful about that.
Refrigerator Is Freezing Food
The primary reason why the refrigerator is freezing food could be the temperature issue. You need to check the thermostat first. If the thermostat does not work correctly, the refrigerator will keep running longer and freeze the food.
There is a simple way to understand if the thermostat is faulty. Turn it to the lowest setting, and then take it to the highest temperature setting. If you hear a clicking sound, the refrigerator’s thermostat is not faulty.
But if you do not hear a click, you can get a multimeter to check its continuity. And if there is no continuity, it means you need to replace the thermostat.
Water Leaking On The Floor
This problem has two more major problems. One, it is very dangerous for anyone who walks around the fridge without paying attention. Two, it is not the easiest problem to solve. But you can give it a go without a professional’s help.
The refrigerator leaks water mostly when the defrost drain has a blockage. The drain hole can be blocked by food particles or debris. So you need to clean it from the inside using warm water. You need to remove the clog manually if warm water does not work.
Even if the water line turns out to be faulty, your refrigerator will still work. Unfortunately, if your fridge has an ice or water dispenser, it will not work.
Refrigerator Motor Keeps Running
A new refrigerator’s motor runs longer than old ones to optimize its energy and increase the compressor’s efficiency. But problems can occur if you place the refrigerator at the wrong temperature location.
It is best not to put a refrigerator near something too hot or too cold, an oven or radiator, for example. Such placement can make the motor run for a long time. So there should be enough space around the refrigerator for proper ventilation.
The temperature can also rise and fall if you are not careful with closing the door. Make sure the doors remain fully closed and obstacle-free. And don’t forget to check the temperature settings before you check for anything else.
Refrigerator Is Making Loud Noise
Now, this is the tricky part because refrigerators make various noises. It is not usual to not recognize all of them.
The noise you hear might be from the motor or the cooling fan, and it can come from the inside or back of the refrigerator. Each sound can seem different to different people. But we have tried to give you a basic idea of what different sounds mean so that you know if the refrigerator needs to be fixed.
- Hissing: Well, it is not exactly a hissing sound, but it might sound like that when the refrigerant passes through the refrigerator’s cooling system. There is nothing to worry about if you hear your refrigerator hissing.
- Buzzing: When the refrigerator compressor or fans adjust to optimize its performance, it creates a buzzing sound. However, if the sound is too loud, you need to call a technician.
- Vibrating: The refrigerator vibrates or makes a vibrating noise when it is not steady. Try leveling it by removing the base grilles. The fridge should always be level and off the floor.
- Pulsing/Humming: If the ice maker is not connected to the water supply, but the valve is opening and closing, you will hear a humming sound. You can turn off the ice maker.
- Gurgling: When the fridge’s ice melts, and the water runs down the drain pan during the defrost cycle, the gurgling or dripping sound happens. You only need to call a technician if the water is spilling.
- Creaking: It only happens when the ice maker is ejecting ice into the ice bin from the mold. So this sound should not be surprising if your fridge has an ice maker.
- Popping: This sound happens when the fridge cools down or defrost for the first time. The inside walls contract and expand when it happens and makes such a sound.
- Compressor: Compressor sounds can run a long time when the refrigerator is new. That’s because the refrigerator has a high efficiency at the time.
How do I get rid of unpleasant odor?
The best way to get rid of your refrigerator’s unpleasant odor is to clean it regularly. There are no better options because not cleaning it from time to time can lead to many issues.
Always make sure to get rid of expired and smelly food. And clean the interior with a mild cleaning detergent to keep it fresh.
What are the advantages of a French door refrigerator?
The biggest advantage of having a French door refrigerator is storage space. You get to have a lot of space in both fridge and freezer areas to store a lot of food and beverages.
Another advantage of this refrigerator is that it enhances the appearance of your kitchen. These refrigerators are classy, easy to organize and come with smart features.
What is the best way to arrange food in a french door refrigerator?
When organizing a French door refrigerator, you need to keep two things in mind. The temperature should be cool enough everywhere, and everything should be easily accessible.
The door bins usually stay warmer than the rest of the fridge as they get exposed more when you open the door. So it is best to keep water or cold drinks in them. Keep the dairy products at the bottom and leftovers on the top shelves. Anything that you use regularly or frequently should be kept on eye level.
Is a four-door French refrigerator better than three-door?
It depends on why you want to purchase such a fridge. Generally, a four-door French door refrigerator provides more accessible space. You will get more storage areas as well. On the other hand, three-door refrigerators consume less energy than four-door ones.
Why should someone choose a French door fridge without a water dispenser?
The first and most obvious reason is cost. Without the added water dispenser feature, refrigerator is generally cheaper than models with water dispensers. Additionally, it can save some space, making it an excellent option for smaller kitchens. This type of refrigerator comes with more interior space because.
Can a French door refrigerator without a water dispenser still have an ice maker?
Yes, there are many models that still have ice makers. In these models, ice maker is usually located in the freezer.
Are there any disadvantages of French door fridge that doesn’t have water dispenser?
One potential disadvantage is that you must rely on tap water or a separate water filtration system to get clean water. However, you may use a water filter pitcher or install a separate water filter system to solve this problem. The other issue is that it might be slightly inconvenient to get water from a separate location in your kitchen.
What are some popular brands of French door refrigerators?
Samsung, LG, Whirlpool, and Frigidaire are the popular brands of French door refrigerators.
Do French door refrigerators come in different sizes?
Yes, French door refrigerators come in various sizes to meet different needs. The capacity can vary between models. So, you’ll need to look at the size and capacity specifications for each refrigerator when choosing the right one for your home.
When hunting for the best French door refrigerator without water dispenser, it is best to research first. But since we have done that for you, hopefully now you know which one you should buy. But if you are confused between all five models we chose, let us sort them out for you.
If you don’t want a lot of doors or drawers and want a French door refrigerator for a comparatively less price, there is no better option than the Galanz GLR16FS2K16 3 French Door Refrigerator (paid link). It allows you to save electricity bills as it is highly energy-efficient.
Both the KoolMore RS-FR22 Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator (paid link) and SMETA SM-827WMU French Door Refrigerator (paid link) have a similar exterior design and capacity. The only noticeable difference is the color. So we will leave it up to you to choose from here.