The freezer is an essential part of your Samsung twin cooling fridge. Since it works continuously under heavy load to condense ice, it gets incorporated with many problems. It’s a pretty common scenario to face these problems after using your fridge for a decent amount of time.
Samsung cooling freezer problems can be associated with many parts of the system, ranging from the compressor to the power supply unit. But the good thing is that these problems are mostly fixable.
But sometimes, replacing the damaged part is the only option. In this article, we’ll be talking about Samsung twin cooling fridge freezer problems and their solutions.
Common Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Problems
The problems involve many parts of the system. Some of these faults in your Samsung Twin cooling fridge freezer include:
- Freezer does not function at all.
- Freezer not freezing.
- Freezer fan not working.
- Freezer fan getting too noisy.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Not Functioning At All
If your Samsung twin cooling fridge freezer is not functioning at all, there could be a problem with the power supply.
- Make sure your refrigerator is plugged in properly. If not, plug it in properly and restart the freezer.
- If it’s plugged in properly and still not working, test the socket with another item to find out if there’s a problem with the socket. You may have to reset the circuit breaker if the item isn’t working either.
What If Your Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Is Not Freezing?
If your freezer is not freezing, there can be multiple reasons behind it. There are a few simple solutions that might work in this case.
- If your freezer is not freezing, you can reboot it. To do so, you have to unplug it for half a minute and plug it back in. Another way to reset it is by turning off your circuit breaker to the freezer and turning it back on after a few minutes. This may help reset the programming of the freezer to fix any possible programming errors. If it doesn’t work, try to plug it back in after 30 minutes.
- You can turn the power freeze on for around 2 hours and check if the freezer is working properly or not. You have to press and hold the Freezer button to turn on the power freeze. The Power Freeze icon will light up as soon as it’s turned on.
- If the freezer is still not working but the fridge is functioning properly, lower the set temperature for the freezer. Sometimes this trick helps the freezer function properly.
What If My Freezer Is Not Cooling?
If your Samsung twin-cooling fridge freezer is not cooling, you can start by checking a few things. Make sure your freezer is not in demo mode, also known as display mode, exhibition mode, or cooling off mode. Your freezer will not cool if this mode is turned on.
There are some easy fixes that you can try.
- Unplug the refrigerator and plug it in again after a minute.
- Condenser coils are an important part of the freezer. If the condenser coil is covered with dust, your freezer will not work properly. Clean the condenser coil with a rug or vacuum cleaner and see if the problem is fixed or not.
- You may need to take out the entire freezer part and clean it thoroughly.
- Lower the temperature of the freezer.
- If your refrigerator is located close to a heat source, it’s best to move it to another colder place.
What If The Freezer Ice Maker Is Not Working?
This is a common problem in Samsung twin-cooling fridge freezers. You’re more likely to face this problem if there is a regular power outage in your area.
The most effective way to solve this problem is by getting your ice maker unfrozen and restarting it.
For doing this:
- Switch your fridge off.
- Take out the ice tray from the ice maker. You may notice a huge buildup of ice there.
- Now leave the freezer open until all the ice melts. You can also use a blow dryer or a hand steamer to melt down the ice. You can also use the forced defrost mode for this purpose.
- Reset the freezer by pressing the reset button.
- Put the ice tray back in.
- Switch the unit on.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Fan Making Noise
Sometimes the freezer fan makes annoying grinding noises due to excess accumulation of ice in the copper pipe. To solve this problem, try doing these:
- Turn the demo mode on in your refrigerator. It causes the compressor to switch off while other functions will still be running. This will help defrost the excess amount of ice.
- The Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge has a forced defrost option on the front panel. It will temporarily snooze the noise.
- The most common cause of a noisy fan is trapped ice. To remove these ice cubes, you will have to open the system and manually take out those pieces.
- Clean the fan vents because dust prevents smooth ventilation of air and leads to noise production.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Fan Not Functioning
Sometimes the fan stops working in your freezer. To fix this problem, you can try these methods:
- Check if the fan is connected to the system properly. If the connection is loose, tighten it up and check if it’s functioning properly or not.
- Ice buildup can also cause the fan to stop functioning. In this case, follow the defrosting methods mentioned earlier.
- Sometimes the motor of the fan stops working. In this case, you can order a similar model of the motor online and replace it. You can watch tutorial videos or take the help of a professional to do this.
A Defective Thermistor
In the Samsung Twin Cooling fridge, the thermistor, or temperature sensor, works to maintain an optimum temperature in both the compartments. It gathers information from the inside of the compartments and sends it to the control panel.
If the thermistor is not working properly the evaporator will not work properly which will cause the temperature to fluctuate.
The defrost thermostat controls the flow of power to the heater. If there’s any defect in the defrost thermostat, it’ll cause an excess buildup of ice in the fans or cause melting of ice.
If you face such a problem, take your fridge to the authorized Samsung servicing centers. They will replace the whole system.
Q. Is a twin-cooling fridge better?
Answer: Yes. A better option is a Twin Cooling Fridge. It helps to save energy by only activating the compressor for the one section that needs cooling. It helps in keeping your items fresh and prevents odor transfer from one section to another.
Q. How does twin cooling work on a Samsung refrigerator?
Answer: Twin cooling on a Samsung refrigerator works by generating cold air independently for the refrigerator and freezer by two sets of systems. They have different evaporators and controls that maintain both compartments.
Q. Why is my Samsung fridge freezer not getting cold?
Answer: There can be many reasons why your Samsung fridge freezer is not working. The common causes are dirty condenser coils, malfunctioning of the evaporator fan, problems with defrosting, etc.
Q. What temperature should a Samsung freezer be set at?
Answer: There are two different temperatures for the two compartments. The ideal temperature for the refrigerator should be set at 38 degrees Fahrenheit. For the freezer, set the temperature to -2 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure you go through the user manual to know precisely what to do.
Q. What is a power freeze on a Samsung fridge?
Answer: Power freeze” is an additional feature on the Samsung Twin Cooling fridge. It reduces the time of ice formation from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. You can turn it on by simply pressing the power freeze icon. The compressor and freezer fan work 10 hours daily in this mode.
Q. Can a fridge work but not a freezer?
Answer: Yes. Sometimes the fridge can work but not the freezer. In a twin cooling system, there are separate sets of evaporators that maintain optimal conditions in two sections. Sometimes one of the fans can stop working or malfunction for many reasons. Sometimes the compressor does not work properly, which causes the freezer to not freeze well.
You may face many problems with your Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer. Some of these problems are easily fixable, while some of them need permanent replacement. The problems are easy to detect and fix.
Since it’s a twin cooling fridge, it has a separate evaporator. So the detection of malfunctions is easier than that of a single cooling fridge.
Samsung Twin Cooling fridge Freezer problems are associated with the cooling fan, compressor, and the programming of the system. But knowing and following the right procedure will help you save both money and time.
Sometimes a video tutorial is enough to fix the problems, and sometimes only a mechanic can fix them.