Refrigerator is an important kitchen appliance that every household must have. So, it is no more a luxury item. Modern refrigerators are equipped with lots of amazing features like water dispenser, ice dispenser, cold storage etc. So, you can’t think of a single day without it.
Table of Contents
- How to Reset a Refrigerator Compressor?
- How long does a refrigerator compressor take to reset?
- What causes a refrigerator compressor to stop working?
- What are the signs of a bad refrigerator compressor?
- Is it worth replacing a compressor on a refrigerator?
- What does a bad refrigerator compressor sound like?
- What happens when a fridge compressor fails?
- Final Words
How to Reset a Refrigerator Compressor?
But is not as complicated as you think. Just follow the steps below and fix it.
- Step 1: Unplug your refrigerator’s power cord from the wall electric socket.
- Step 2: You will notice knocking noises or whoosh sounds when it is disconnected from electricity. Wait for few minutes. But it is better to wait at least 5 minutes.
- Step 3: “Turn off” the fridge and freezer temperature controls or make their power settings to “0”. Then connect your refrigerator’s power cord to the wall socket.
- Step 4: Now set the temperature control settings as you need. Almost every fridge comes with “1” to “9” temperature control settings. Temperature control settings number “5” is normal for most of the refrigerators.
- Step 5: Your refrigerator needs time to adapt a stable temperature. So, I suggest you allow at least 24 hours before changing the temperature setting.
How long does a refrigerator compressor take to reset?
Compressor is one of the major components of a refrigerator. It is responsible for cooling your device. A compressor generally runs for four to eight hours to make the proper temperature and then it shuts down automatically and goes to the defrost cycle.
What causes a refrigerator compressor to stop working?
Like all other electronic devices, refrigerator runs at a certain voltage. A high voltage can damage refrigerator’s electrical components and stop compressor to work.
What are the signs of a bad refrigerator compressor?
Firstly, bad compressor sounds clicks on and off frequently. Secondly, it creates abnormal noises. Thirdly, the compressor may overheats and your fridge won’t be cool.
Is it worth replacing a compressor on a refrigerator?
A compressor is the least problematic part of a refrigerator. When a compressor becomes failure, you may need to spend almost half of a new refrigerator to replace it. So, if your refrigerator is a basic type, you should consider buying a new one.
What does a bad refrigerator compressor sound like?
Usually, a compressor creates low sounds in its operation. A bad refrigerator compressor sounds louder or something like abnormal noises. In this case, you should contact an experienced technician. He will find and fix the problem.
What happens when a fridge compressor fails?
If compressor fails, refrigerator stops cooling and makes excessive sounds. Finally, foods kept in the refrigerator will be damaged.
Different refrigerator comes with different types of settings. If you fail to reset your refrigerator’s compressor, check its manual for more instructions.
If you aren’t experienced in handling appliances, make a phone call and take help from the manufacturer. Otherwise, call an expert.